Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The first post!

I am still working on thinking of a title for this.

I am going to use this blog to document my working out this year. Perhaps not something that anyone particularly wants to read, but since I have to write this for a grade, I figured it could help push me to actually keep up a routine of working out.

I came to college weighing 135 pounds. Today, my senior year of college I weigh 175. I think most would be surprised by that, as I don't look that heavy... but thats how it is. Every year I say that I am going to work at being healthier, but it doesn't happen. It is definitely time though.

There are several reasons why I need this. Obviously number one is just to be healthy and fit. As a 21 year old girl who used to play a lot of sports, it is a little sad to look at myself now. Another reason, perhaps not as important is that I don't want to have to buy any more clothes. Let's be serious, I'm a college student! I have to pay loans off a year from now, and clothes are expensive! Perhaps one of the most important is that this is my last year in school, and after May I need to find a job. As a criminal justice student, my ultimate goal is not to be a police officer, but thats where I need to start. If I work on being fit now, I can pass that fitness test and hopefully have a job before those January loan bills come along!

So, basically, I am going to write every so often about what I've been doing, eating, perhaps an update on whether or not I'm actually losing any weight.

I've got my sneakers, a bike, and a free gym on campus, and it is time to use them!

No comments: