Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Week Two Begins...

I went home this weekend to pick up some warmer clothes, since it is getting to be that time of year. I weighed myself and after a week of bike riding, no change. I guess that is normal though? So I've read on the internet....

I did get sneakers though, so this morning I woke up and went to the gym for a little more than an hour. I started with the treadmill for 20 minutes, and then made my rounds of arm-working machines. Then I went to the elliptical for a half hour. The walk from the gym back to my house (off of Russell St) is a nice cool down. I think I can get away with going every day. My routine is to do 15-20 minutes of walking, and then one day I'll do arms, the next I'll do legs, the next day just walking/elliptical, and then cycle through again. I used to do it that way, and two days between arm/leg workouts seemed to go nicely so I wasn't too sore when I tried to do them again. 

I decided against buying a scale for my home here. I don't want to become too obsessed with whether or not I'm losing weight because I feel like I might get discouraged if I'm not losing any right away. I go home every 2 or 3 weeks and I think that is a good span of time to see some actual changes. 

Also, since I am not going to the gym on a regular basis I will probably start writing in this at least once every other day to just put down what I've been doing (and because I have to :]).

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I think you made a good choice of a topic, this should be really easy for you to keep up with.

Good luck with your endeavor, you seem like a motivated person I bet you will meet your goals.

keep posting.

-prof O